Take your learning to the big screen with our new Chromecast feature for iOS and Android.
At Skillshare, we're all about improving -- and that means listening to our customer's feedback and making product changes to fit your needs. One of the most recently requested features? A way to watch classes and practice skills simultaneously. So for all you multi-taskers, we’re excited to announce that we now support Chromecast on our Skillshare mobile apps.
What is Chromecast?
Google Chromecast is popular media adapter that allows you to play online content, like Skillshare videos such as videos, directly on another screen.
To use Chromecast with you Skillshare app, follow these simple steps:
2. Plug in your Chromecast device to the television you’d like it to cast to. Download the Google Home app and follow the step-by-step instructions to set up your Chromecast device.
3. Open up the Skillshare app and click on a class you’d like to cast to your TV.
4. Click on the casting icon on the upper right-hand corner of the video. You should see your Chromecast-connected device appear on the screen.
5. Select your preferred device. Your class should immediately begin playing on Chromecast-connect TV.
6. Use your app to pause, play, and fast-forward. You can also navigate to other pages in your Skillshare app, without interrupting your casting experience.
7. Ready to log off? Simply click the casting icon again and select the device you’d like to disconnect.
Ways to Use Chromecast
Casting Skillshare to another screen will free up your mobile device, giving you the opportunity to practice your skills as you follow along with the class. Whether you want to improve your Procreate illustrations, master a new Photoshop technique, or design a great resume, casting gives you the option of getting hands-on sooner, which in turn helps you absorb what you need to know faster and more effectively.
If you’re looking to share your Skillshare experience with a larger group, casting works well for that, too. Huddling around a single computer or mobile device doesn’t make for a great collective learning experience. By getting a class on a big screen, you and your friends can all follow along and enjoy learning a new skill together.